How to Conduct a Trophy Recycling Drive
The nations oldest Trophy Recycling Program encourages the community to donate their old trophies, plaques and awards to support non-profit organizations. Many people, schools, and organizations have boxes of old trophies stored away, and would be happy to see those trophies passed on to others.
A Trophy Recycling Drive allows your community to “pay it forward” to others while doing something good for the environment. Earn your scout badge for recycling, get great PR for your fitness center, conduct a city-wide campaign, or just feel good about recycling and keeping them from the landfill. Organize a collection drive today and make a difference in your community.
METHOD OF RECEIVING
Decide what method you will use to collect the trophies.
1. Pick a location to set-up and receive the trophies. A local bank, fitness center, grocery or sports facilities are great places to conduct a drive. Make large signs to direct traffic to your Trophy Drive.
2. Have the trophies dropped off at a specific place during a certain timeframe (one day, one week, one month).
3. Have small groups (committees, scout troops, classes) collect trophies and bring them to a larger group meeting to organize the packing and shipping.
4. For those that miss the drive, you can give them a slip of paper with the details of where to ship them and your group information to get credit for the trophy donation. We will notify you when their trophies arrive.
ANNOUNCE THE DRIVE
1. Announce it in your upcoming newsletter, email blast, blog, and social networking sites.
2. Place a notice in the community section of your local paper. It is usually free for non-profit organizations.
3. Place a notice on the local community calendar including newspaper, radio, and television. People love to hear about this type of drive and will all post your notice.
4. Create fliers to distribute around the town, school, stadiums, sport facilities and health clubs.
5. Compete against other groups and towns by collecting the most pounds of trophies.
FIND SHIPPING SPONSORS
If you are not able to drop off the trophies in Madison, shipping costs will incur.
1. Ask your local banks, grocers, and businesses to share in the project by shipping the trophies from their office with UPS, FedEx, USPS, DHL or other shipping company.
2. Ask the parents or sponsors to ship one box each.
3. Ask trophy donors to donate the shipping costs of $5 to $20 per box.
If you are in the Madison area, you can drop them off Mon-Fri 8:30 am to 5:30pm.
OR SHIP TO:
Trophy Recycling Program
Total Awards & Promotions, Inc
7475 Mineral Point Rd. Madison, WI 53717